Academic Link Hours of Operation
Please refer to Hours of Operation on the Academic Link's main web page.
Check the Student Bulletin daily emails for announcements of any special or temporary changes in hours.
Tips for Getting the Most from Your Visit
- Come prepared with your textbook, your assignment instructions, handouts, source material, and drafts.
- Make sure any drafts you bring are legibly handwritten or typed.
- Identify 2 or 3 specific areas of concern that you'd like a Writing Center Consultant to help you with before your visit.
- If you have general questions about aspects of writing, grammar, documentation, etc., prepare your questions before you come in.
- Do not expect the Writing Center Consultant to write your paper or provide you with a thesis statement, or in other ways do the work that you have been assigned to do. You are responsible for your personal academic honesty.
Welcome to the Writing Center
The Writing Center is a walk-in service where students can receive help with writing assignments from any VWCC course throughout all stages of the writing process--from invention strategies to critiquing a rough draft or finished text. Students can also get help with general questions about:
- literary terms
Students are served in half-hour increments on a first-come, first-served basis. The Writing Center's goal is to make students better writers, not to turn out better pieces of writing.
Students requesting Writing Center assistance will be asked to sign in and out through TutorTrac each time they come in for assistance. Instructors will be notified whenever a student visits the Writing Center.
Do you need the Writing Center or the Library?